Game Progress Route for Mortal Shell presents a recommended progression path for the main campaign of the game, it aims to provide important points of the game to avoid any missing important aspects such as relevant Locations, NPCs, Items, as well as involved Boss encounters. You may visit our Walkthrough page.
- Our New Player Help page features a getting started guide that will be helpful to newcomers
- Keep in mind Stats and how Shells, Weapons, and Tarnished Seal works.
- You can refer to Merchants and NPCs for details on other characters and Merchants.\
- Check the Items page for a complete list include their effects, familiarity and location.
Mortal Shell Game Progress Route
Move forward and go past the gate where you will find your first tutorial. To complete this part you need to dodge, then dodge two consecutive times. To finish, hold the harden button and let the enemy attack you.
Walk towards the statue and interact with it to acquire the Hallowed Sword. Walk through the gate to complete the attack tutorial.
Pick up 1x Mortal Token and continue ahead, you will see a big open gate. Before going inside explore the area to your left. You will find another 1x Mortal Token dropped in the corner.
- Crawl outside the cave
- Pick up Harros Shell
- Head to Fallgrim Tower
- Speak with Sester Genessa
- Remove the Tarnished Seal and speak with The Old Prisoner
- Speak to Vlas
- Defeat the Grisha and acquire the Mechanical Spike
- Recover Solomon's Shell
- Recover Eredrim's Shell
- Recover Tiel's Shell
- Head to the Temple Grounds
Go outside the tower and you'll find a cave. Defeat the Grisha and open the chest to acquire Mechanical Spike (Item). Head to the back of the cave, destroy the branches and crawl to find Solomon's Shell.
Head towards the Eternal Narthex. Before going inside you'll find Eredrim's Shell. You can also find Corrupted Sester on the left part. Go inside and talk with Sester Genessa. Interact with the book near the statute and defeat Hadern to acquire the Hammer and Chisel.
Head back to the Fallgrim Tower and this time head towards the Abandoned Chamber. When you reach the Fallgrim Outskirts explore the right side of a bandit camp and you'll notice a tunnel covered by branches. Once inside defeat Ven Noctivagu and acquire Tiel's Shell. Head inside the Abandoned Chamber and talk with Sester Genessa. Interact with the book near the statute and defeat Hadern to acquire the Martyr's Blade.
Head back to the Fallgrim Tower once again and head towards the Temple Grounds. Once inside talk with Sester Genessa. Interact with the book near the statute and defeat Hadern to acquire the Smoldering Mace.
Continue ahead until you find a Tomb. Open it and the door located on the left will unlock and you'll acquire the Foundry Stone.
Cross the door and keep going. You'll find some Iron Maidens along the way. One of them has 1x Quenching Acid inside.
Continue ahead and clear the big room. On the left side of the room you'll find a tomb.
Defeat the Burning Dual Wielding Knight and go inside the building. Open the door located to your right and pick up 1x Quenching Acid located inside an Iron Maiden.
Defeat the enemies at the end of the room and you'll find a chest with 1x Solemn Offering inside.
Go back and continue ahead. You'll find a bridge with a tomb in the middle. Open the tomb to acquire 1x Awakened Stone.
Continue ahead and open the door to reach the Sanctum of Flame
Deliver the Inflamed Gland to The Old Prisoner to acquire the Seal Infusion - Inflamed Tarnished Seal Ability.
- You can talk with Thestus to cancel or summon The Mist.
- Open the Frog Chests to acquire Items.
- Head down the ramp located next to the Fallgrim Tower to acquire 1x Quenching Acid
- Head to the big campsite and defeat the Grisha. Open the chest to acquire 1x Molten Spike
- Outside Eternal Narthex you can acquire 1x Sester's Binding
- Outside the Temple Grounds you can acquire 1x Disciple's Rag.
- Outside the Abandoned Chamber you can acquire 1x Martyr's Shawl.
The Mist is a great place to farm Glimpses, since you can defeat 2x Grisha that re-spawn. You can also find useful Items such as Molten Spike, Martyr's Shawl, Disciple's Rag, Sester's Binding and Quenching Acid.
Once you are done, Speak to Thestus and pay him 1 Glimpse to cancel the mist and continue on.
Continue ahead and explore the right area. Crawl to the other side and you'll find a tomb with 1x Petrified Winterglass
Continue ahead and go down using the ramp. Defeat enemies and keep going until you find a small hexagonal room. Explore the back of the room and you'll find a chest with 1x Radiant Winterglass
Continue ahead until you see an opening on the left that you can crawl through. On the other side you'll find a chest with 1x Quenching Acid
Continue going down until you find the Martyr's Altar
Speak with Sester Genessa and pick up the glimpses dropped on the ground.
Explore the back left side of the room to find a chest with some Items inside.
Head outisde and you'll find two teleporters. Use the One on your left. You need to activate three torches to open the gate. There's one on each side and one in the middle.
On the right area you'll find the Torch on top of a ramp guarded by Brigands. Bellow the ramp you can find a secret teleporter leading to a chest with 1x Solemn Offering
The last torch is located on the middle. Once you activate it you'll have to fight and defeat a couple of Red Ghost.
Head to the Dim Gate and stand on top of the golden plate. Once the door opens head inside.
- Speak with Sester Genessa
- Head up using the stairs located in the middle.
- Once you reach the top use the teleporter located on the left
- Activate the shortcut leading back to Sester Genessa
- Head back using the shortcut and follow the road until you reach an open area
- Speak with Brether Corvid.
- Keep going until you reach the Shifting Archives
Go back up and walk until you find a couple of lose platforms. Jump over them to reach a secret location with 1x Quenching Acid
Head back using the shortcut and follow the road until you reach an open area. On the left part you'll meet Brether Corvid. If you speak to him while using Eredrim you will be able to kick him and acquire 1x Glimpse of Cowardice
- Talk to Sester Genessa
- Use the teleporter located on the left side to acquire 1x Foul Censer
- Drink the Nektar
- Defeat Crucix, The Twiceborn
- Interact with the head to acquire the Knotted Gland
- Head back to the Fallgrim Tower
- Deliver the Knotted Gland to The Old Prisoner to acquire the Seal Infusion - Knotted.
Drink the Nekatar and you'll drop to the battlefield. Defeat Crucix, The Twiceborn.
Interact with the head to acquire the Knotted Gland.
Head back to the Fallgrim Tower, you'll notice that the road is different now.
You'll now have all three Glands an you will be able to fight The Old Prisoner.
- Acquire all 3 Glands
- Speak with The Old Prisoner
- Go inside the hole and defeat The Unchained
Once you deliver all three Glands to The Old Prisoner a hole will appear where he was currently standing.
Go inside and a boss fight agasint The Unchained will begin. Defeat him and you'll complete the game.
You'll be given the option to start NG+ (Losing your progress), or keep playing until you decide to advance.