Momentum Attack +
|Plunging and Running Attack damage increased by x%.|
Momentum Attack + is an Instinct in Mortal Shell. Instincts are an upgrade mechanic exclusive to The Virtuous Cycle game mode which requires the DLC to acquire. Instincts provide the player with various buffs and ability modifications to help them tackle the Roguelike mechanics of The Virtuous Cycle.
Momentum Attack + Information:
Momentum Attack + is a Regular Instinct that upgrades or modifies the Momentum attacks with the following effect:
- Plunging and Running Attack damage increased by x%.
Regular Instincts can come in one of five Rarity tiers. Rarity provides a major boost to an Instinct's value and potency. An Instinct has a chance of being of a higher tier when first encountered, or upgraded in tier when encountered again if you already possess it. The chance for this occurring can be improved by investing in Runic Gate upgrades.
The base values for Momentum Attack +'s effect per Rarity tier is as follows:
- Common: 10% increased damage
- Uncommon: 15% increased damage
- Rare: 20% increased damage
- Epic: 30% increased damage
- Legendary: ?% increased damage
Regular Instincts can be upgraded to the next Rank when acquired again after the first time in a Cycle. Upgrading an Instinct to the next Rank will provide a minor boost to its value. Momentum Attack + receives +?% bonus per Rank.
Momentum Attack + Related Upgrades:
As a Regular Instinct, Momentum Attack + can be influenced by the following Runic Gate upgrades:
- Chance of Uncommon - Gives a chance that Momentum Attack + is upgraded to Uncommon Rarity immediately when first encountered in a Cycle.
- Chance of Rare - Gives a chance that Momentum Attack + is upgraded to Rare Rarity immediately when first encountered in a Cycle.
- Chance of Epic - Gives a chance that Momentum Attack + is upgraded to Epic Rarity immediately when first encountered in a Cycle.
- Tier Increase - Gives a chance that Momentum Attack + is upgraded to its next Rarity tier when encountered again while you already possess it, up to the Epic tier.
- Legendary Tier - Gives a chance that Momentum Attack + is upgraded to the Legendary tier the next time you encounter it if you already possess it at Epic rarity.
- Enemies Instinct - Gives a chance to acquire Instincts from basic enemies.
Momentum Attack + Notes and Tips
- Regular Instincts can be acquired from Pillars, Bosses and Mini-Bosses. They can also be acquired as a starting Instinct when beginning a Cycle. The type of starting Instinct acquired can be influenced by equipping a Shade.
- Regular Instincts can also be acquired from basic enemies with the appropriate Runic Gate upgrade unlocked.
- Once a Cycle is over either by completion or failure, all Instincts are lost and new ones need to be acquired in the next Cycle.