The Virtuous Cycle
|Release Date||August 18, 2021|
|Price||$7.99 / €6.99 / £6.99|
The Virtuous Cycle is the first DLC made available for Mortal Shell. The Virtuous Cycle was released on 18 August, 2021 for all platforms. This DLC introduces a new game mode, a new Shell and a new Weapon as part of its major content update. This page covers information regarding The Virtuous Cycle DLC and offers an overview on all added content.
The Virtuous Cycle Information
The Virtuous Cycle DLC is now available on PC, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
To celebrate Mortal Shell's first anniversary, developer Cold Symmetry and publisher Playstack are making The Virtuous Cycle DLC FREE for the first five days from launch. From Wednesday August 18 until Monday August 23, you can download the expansion for free on Steam, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Epic Games Store and GoG.
The Virtuous Cycle Content
Content added with The Virtuous Cycle DLC include:
- New Game Mode: The Virtuous Cycle - Carve through an ever-changing world where no two playthroughs are the same. Craft your own combat style by combining more than 100 unique upgrades.
- New Shell: Hadern, the Deliverer - Posses a familiar and formidable foe, Hadern. Unearth his true potential and demand perfection from this once-elusive Shell.
- New Weapon: Axatana - Falgrim's most venerable weapon has been cast. Transform your combat with the Axatana, a manipulable hilt of two blades.
How to Access The Virtuous Cycle Content
- The new Axatana weapon and Hadern, the Deliverer shell are available after collecting all other weapons. Once all weapons have been acquired, you can find Hadern on the second floor of Fallgrim Tower. Speak with him to engage him in one last trial. Defeat his two phases to acquire the Hadern Shell and speak to him once more in the tower to acquire the Axatana weapon.
- The new Virtuous Cycle game mode can be accessed by progressing through the Tutorial Area and onto Fallgrim Tower. Once at the tower, head to the second floor and speak to the Twin-Sister and choose to enter the Reverie, which is an alternate version of the tower. A pillar will appear to the Sister's left. Interacting with this pillar will begin a Cycle, allowing the player to choose from the Shells, Weapons and Ripostes they've unlocked.
- Players with existing save files that are having trouble unlocking the above should makes sure their game is updated to the latest version and have The Virtuous Cycle DLC installed. If you are still unable to play the new mode, begin a New Game and follow the instructions above to unlock The Virtuous Cycle -- The unlock should carry over to your save files.
The Virtuous Cycle Notes and Tips
- Notes and tips go here