They foretold a truth more terrifying than any other. Those who glimpse it behold no monster other than an utter lack of meaning. The visage of a razor thin line between existence and nonexistence and nothing in between.
Tiel, the Acolyte Build
Tiel, the Acolyte Description
- A light shell with a high Stamina pool. It has a unique shadow dodge mechanic which is very useful to move around and avoid enemy attacks. It has low health and relies on dodges for survivability. His resolve is also very low, with 2 bars allowing for a single Weapon Ability use or 2 Tarnished Seal Ripostes.
- While playing as Tiel, try to execute a hit-and-run strategy combined with a high DPS Weapon. Use your dodge to avoid enemy attacks and to quickly run away from combat.
- The Martyr's Blade and Smoldering Mace work perfect with Tiel, because of his large Stamina pool and the agility provided by the Shadow Dodge mechanic.
- Most Tiel abilities are related to poison
- On Empowered Riposte, Tiel will sometimes release a poisonous cloud, allowing you to poison multiple enemies at once. (Note: If you have not unlocked poison healing, Tiel will take poison damage from the cloud.)
- Striking a poisoned enemy increases the chances Tiel's other passives will trigger. This can help with survivability combined with the chance to lose Stamina instead of HP.
- On killing an enemy, Tiel gains a buff which poisons enemies on hit. Lose this buff when you are hit. This is great for Elite Enemies, Bosses and for fighting multiple enemies.
- Taking poison damage heals you for a portion of the damage which would have been dealt, allowing to compensate his low HP with an alternative healing method while also negating poison damage.
- Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Tiel creates a poison cloud when a foe is struck, allowing you to poison multiple enemies
- He can also take advantage of his large Stamina pool.
- 20% Chance to lose stamina instead of HP on taking damage. This compensates for the low HP Tiel has.
- Gain a damage bonus when low on stamina.
- Sprinting doesn't consume Tiel's stamina. Allowing you to not only dodge, but also run in and out of combat without any penalty.
Tiel, the Acolyte Stats
Where to find Tiel, the Acolyte
- Tiel can be found in Fallgrim on the Fallgrim Outskirts located outside the Abandoned Chamber. There's a tunnel blocked by some branches on the right side of the campsite located at the entrance. Behind the branches you can crawl through a tunnel that leads to a cave guarded by Ven Noctivagu.
Tiel, the Acolyte Abilities
|500||2||On Empowered Riposte, Tiel will sometimes release a poisonous cloud.|
|1100||8||20% Chance to lose stamina instead of HP on taking damage.|
|500||2||Gain a damage bonus when low on stamina|
|3000||20||Sprinting doesn't consume Tiel's stamina|
|2500||15||Striking a poisoned enemy increases the chances Tiel's other passives will trigger.|
|1100||8||On killing an enemy, Tiel gains a buff which poisons enemies on hit. Lose this buff when you are hit.|
|1000||9||Taking poison damage heals you for a portion of the damage which would have been dealt.|
|4000||25||Regain last chance upon defeating enough foes.|
|2500||15||Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Tiel creates a poison cloud when a foe is struck.|
|1000||6||Put your enemies off balance with a powerful kick.|
Tiel, the Acolyte Notes and Tips
- When he was alive, Tiel was Sester Genessa's lover. She has unique dialogue when spoken to in his Shell for the first time.
- Baghead recognizes Tiel (presumably from his time amongst the bandits) and has unique dialogue where he threatens you if spoken to in his Shell. This does not prevent you from advancing his questline or unlocking his hidden ending as Tiel.
- Brether Corvid mistakes Tiel for an apparition of death, due to his skeletal visage.
- Tiel spent time as an acolyte of both the Temple of Ash and Eternal Narthex, although the exact timeline for this is unclear.
- Tiel appears to have a glitch related to the Shadow Dodge mechanic. If struck by certain attacks and knocked out of Tiel just as the player initiates a Shadow Dodge it is possible to be locked out of all animations other than attacking and hardening. (If you manage to reproduce this DM Soul#3481 on discord with information)
- Although Tiel is immune to poison damage with Accretion of Yearning, your true form can still be harmed by poison. It is possible to be killed by Tiel's toxic cloud if you are knocked out of the shell immediately after it is triggered.
- It is recommended to unlock his poison immunity before unlocking his other poison-related skills to avoid accidentally injuring yourself with them.
- Tiel's shadow dodge provides him with the best invincibility frames among the various shells, which synergises well with his abundance of stamina.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!