Existence is a curious matter. The greatest triumph in the universe, gifted and squandered. I shan't make the same mistakes as my brother. When the moment comes, I’ll exercise restraint.
Solomon, the Scholar Build
Solomon, the Scholar Description
- A Shell with very high Resolve and high Durability, but with average Stamina.
- While playing as Solomon, use your normal attacks and hardening to deal with regular enemies, and spend your resolve to perform powerful individual Weapon Abilities to deal with elite enemies and bosses.
- Solomon is best suited for the Hammer and Chisel and the Hallowed Sword, as he can use their weapon abilities to finish off enemies and restore health.
- While playing as Solomon, it's highly recommended acquiring the Forbidden Offering as soon as possible to increase resolve acquisition.
- Most of his abilities revolve around Resolve.
- When holding a sacred gland Solomon gains 25 maximum health, when not holding a gland Solomon gains one maximum resolve segment.
- Killing an enemy with an empowered riposte has chance to restore all resolve, this is great for when you are running out of resolve, and recovering all 6 bars can provide 3 Weapon Ability uses.
- Solomon gains a small amount of resolve when being struck while hardened. This allows you to recover resolve while protecting yourself, allows you to then perform a riposte or to execute a Weapon Ability.
- When talking to an NPC, Solomon gains a segment of resolve. This is a great way to acquire resolve before a boss fight or between Locations.
- Solomon becomes familiar with items more quickly and gains a glimpse on reading lore for the first time. The familiarity bonus is great at the beginning of the game, and the glimpses allow you to advance faster than other shells.
- Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Solomon gains resolve when a foe is struck by the blast allowing you to quickly fill your Resolve bar
- Solomon can also gain increased Survivability from his abilities.
- The duration of time enemies remain hardened when you are separated from Solomon is increased. This allows you to safely recover the shell, and retreat to a safe location or use a Consumable Item
- Solomon has a chance to heal on using a Weapon Ability to slay an enemy. Due to his high resolve, you'll be able to kill enemies with Weapon Abilities while saving Resolve for important occasions.
Solomon, the Scholar Stats
Where to find Solomon, the Scholar
- Can be found in Fallgrim. Head outside the Fallgrim Tower and go inside the cave where you fight the Grisha. There is a short path and tunnel behind him, that will lead to a Ghoul and this Shell.
Solomon, the Scholar Abilities
|2500||15||When holding a sacred gland Solomon gains 25 maximum health, when not holding a gland Solomon gains one maximum resolve segment|
|500||2||Solomon has a chance to heal on using a weapon ability to slay an enemy.|
|3000||20||Killing an enemy with an empowered riposte has chance to restore all resolve.|
|1100||8||Solomon gains a small amount of resolve when being struck while hardened.|
|1100||8||Solomon becomes familiar with items more quickly and gains a glimpse on reading lore for the first time.|
|1000||6||The duration of time enemies remain hardened when you are separated from Solomon is increased.|
|500||2||When talking to an NPC, Solomon gains a segment of resolve.|
|2500||15||Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Solomon gains resolve when a foe is struck by the blast.|
|4000||25||Regain last chance upon defeating enough foes.|
|1000||6||Put your enemies off balance with a powerful kick.|
Solomon, the Scholar Notes and Tips
- It's been heavily theorized that Harros was the murderer of Solomon, as evidenced by both of their dialogues. The Nocteserper found feeding next to his shell is also a possible culprit.
- The Old Prisoner is Solomon's brother and has unique dialogue the first time you speak to him while in Solomon's shell.
- Solomon's memories state that he found a slate in the shifting archives written by his own hand, giving him knowledge of past and future events. Unlike his brother, Solomon came to accept his fate and was fully aware that he would die and that his body would be "needed" by the Foundling later.
- Dialogue from the Twin-Sister in The Virtuous Cycle DLC has her mention Solomon by name and relate how he would tell stories to her. At least for a time he worked alongside Hadern, but it is implied that at some point their goals diverged and they had differing ideas on what to do with the seedlings. The workbench at Fallgrim Tower belonged to Solomon.
- Solomon can be seen in the "Birth of Solomon" launch trailer, where he fights a Faceless Clerik in Eternal Narthex with the Smoldering Mace.
- Solomon's The Count shade is a reference to Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula (1992) and the armor worn by Vlad the Impaler at the start of the film. Unlocking shades for Solomon in the Virtuous Cycle game mode require you to hunt down the vampire-like Nocteserpers and Ven Noctivagu.
- Solomon's Kult shade is a reference to the Italian Black Metal band of the same name.
- Solomon's heavy resolve focus makes him adept at either parry-focused or weapon ability spamming playstyles.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!