The Ovate made promises of an end to war and human suffering. Promises all were desperate to hear. Myself not least, for I'd seen my share of tragedy. I scratched my name in their book, swearing myself to the deathless doctrine. My armor clattered on the ice as I knelt before them and asked myself if I would ever be worthy.
Eredrím, the Venerable Build
Eredrím, the Venerable Description
- A heavy Shell with high Durability, but with very low Stamina and low Resolve.
- While playing as Eredrím, focus on your offense while your high HP and Abilities handle your defense. Eredrím benefits on long killing sprees, and will become stronger the more enemies you kill without being thrown away from the shell.
- The Hammer and Chisel is the best weapon choice, as it spends the least stamina per swing, and it pairs very well with Eredrím's additional poise damage which will often stagger enemies since it hits so often. The Smoldering Mace is a good second choice, as it allows you to deal with groups, though be careful about depleting your stamina. However, your high defense allows you tank through hits, mitigating its low mobility. As you might imagine, the Martyr's Blade is nearly useless on Eredrím, as even a single combo will fully deplete your stamina and not allow you to roll away.
- Defensive Abilities
- Eredrím's Max HP is increased by 15%. This allows you to endure more damage increasing your survivability.
- Eredrím's attacks deal additional poise damage, causing enemies to stagger more frequently. This is both a defensive and offensive ability, allowing you to stagger your enemies more frequently denying their chance to fight back.
- Eredrím is occasionally able to resist being knocked down, allowing you to tank through most enemy attacks with less chance of becoming staggered.
- On kill, Eredrím gains a buff which reduces damage taken by 5% for 10 seconds, allowing you to fight multiple enemies while taking redcuced damage.
- Offensive Abilities
- Eredrím gains an execution stack upon killing an enemy, each stack increases base attack damage. Stacks are lost when separating from Eredrím. This is the most important offensive ability, allowing you to increase your damage proportionally to the amount of enemies killed. This stack caps at 100.
- Eredrím deals extra damage against enemies who are alone, allowing you to defeat Bosses and Elite enemies more quickly.
- Upon reclaiming Eredrím your next attack will deal massive damage, sometimes exploding your enemies into a bloody mist. This can compensate being knocked out of a shell while in a tight spot and can deal massive damage to bosses.
- Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Eredrím's hulking size causes a blast with a larger radius and more force, allowing you to defeat multiple enemies at once.
Eredrím, the Venerable Stats
Where to find Eredrím, the Venerable
Eredrím, the Venerable Abilities
|1100||8||Eredrím gains an execution stack upon killing an enemy, each stack increases base attack damage. Stacks are lost when separating from Eredrím.|
|1000||6||Eredrím's Max HP is increased by 15%|
|1100||8||Eredrím's attacks deal additional poise damage, causing enemies to stagger more frequently.|
|2500||15||Eredrím deals extra damage against enemies who are alone.|
|500||2||Eredrím is occasionally able to resist being knocked down.|
|500||2||On kill, Eredrím gains a buff which reduces damage taken by 5% for 10 seconds.|
|3000||20||Upon reclaiming Eredrím your next attack will deal massive damage, sometimes exploding your enemies into a bloody mist.|
|2500||15||Harden in the air to create a devastating area of impact upon landing. Eredrím's hulking size causes a blast with a larger radius and more force.|
|1000||6||Put your enemies off balance with a powerful kick.|
|4000||25||Regain last chance upon defeating enough foes.|
Eredrím, the Venerable Notes and Tips
- Eredrim cannot perform directional dodges, only the small back hop and rolling.
- Brether Corvid recognises Eredrim and requests that he kill him. If done so, a Glimpse of Cowardice is received. This can also be done if playing as Eredrim in the Virtuous Cycle game mode.
- Eredrim is frequently pictured with the Martyr's Blade (including on the Enhanced Edition's cover art) due to his past with the Deathless Doctrine and the Martyrs, although due to his low stamina (and the fact that his execution stacks provide a flat damage boost, benefiting faster weapons more) it is debatably the weapon he performs worst with.
- The execution stacks from his Accretion of Resolve used to have a much higher cap (at least in excess of 300), leading to him dealing obscene amounts of damage if time was taken to sufficiently beef him. The stacks have since been capped at 100 (+10 damage).